NDWG Committee Meeting 2021-05-11

Present: Alistair Green, Angela Smedley, Ben Turner, Dave Hufton, David Richmond, Gary Olds, Helen Percy, Joanne Morris, Rachel Johnson, Tracy Fisher

We welcomed Ben Turner to the committee, as assistant Walks Organiser.

Previous Minutes

Dave H is now chair.

Alistair has sorted the emails and where they point to.

Alistair still needs to chase Maggie for the new logo.

Eventbrite is now sorted and being used effectively for booking walks. Joanne & Rachel have laid down the New Year gathering, after discussion with the rest of the committee.

We’re planning a social in July, David R will publish details.

We’ve contacted Ben Draper, who’s an admin on the Facebook Group asking him to resign from the admin role but haven’t heard anything back yet. We agreed we should try and remove him from the group.

  • AP Tracy to try and remove Ben

Helen is now an admin for Facebook.

Alistair has changed the pictures on the website and has pointed the secretary email address to Helen.

Minutes from 13/4

Walks Programme has been finalised and published on the website. Tracy has been publicising on Facebook.

Gary has received help to get Eventbrite running well. Bookings are now opened 13 days before the walk.

Phil Bridden has been taken off assemble as the volunteer manager though we record that Maggie is still down and Dave H’s manager.


  • AP Gary and Ben to talk and discuss how to share the role.

We discussed how to know if a specific walk needs extra publicity and realised there are a couple of ways Eventbrite can provide this information.

Tracy has been doing a lot of plugging via Facebook and emails when walks have been slow to book up.

The bookings for long walks have been slower so it has been agreed to reduce the number of walks over 16 miles.

  • AP Gary and Ben to shorten longer walks on the programme.

We agreed the walk leader should decide on the group size up to a maximum of 15. Gary is to discuss with leader. Numbers will be in addition to the walk leader.

  • AP Ben to start a library of GPX files to help walk leaders in the future.
  • AP Gary / Ben to create a more easily used archive of suggested routes to help planning future walk programmes.


Pembrokeshire, August Bank Holiday: 20 Places total, 19 have been booked. We expect it to be full by then.

New Year has been cancelled.

Earby, end of October: Booking will start in July.

Scotland, Easter: Originally 2019, currently 2022. Was fully booked with a long reserve list.


Little to report.

Some refunds and payments have been processed for Pembrokeshire.

Much of the current club funds is allocated to pay balances for weekends away.


Focus has been more on communication than membership.

4 walk leaders have been added to Assemble. May need 1 or 2 may need to be added.

We’ve asked for Maggie’s name to come off as volunteer manager.

About 6 people have joined the meet up group. Meet up has a comment pointing to our walks programme and the fact we’re using Eventbrite for bookings.


Looking to start general pub meets again soon.

David R will pass dates to Gary to add to the programme.

  • AP Rachel to check weekend details on website with Katie and send details to Dave R so booking can happen during a pub meet.

Aiming at 1 pub meet per month and some evening meals after 21st June when restrictions lifted.


Nothing to report.

Updating of walks programme etc ongoing.


Went to Area meeting with Dave H.

Next meeting 20th July, possibly in real life.