⚠ COVID-19 Pandemic
As Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and surrounding counties are now under Tier 4 restrictions, we regret that all group activities are suspended until further notice.
Please visit the Ramblers Coronavirus page for further advice and information.
Our small group walks are currently subject to the following restrictions:
- All walks will be strictly by sign up using Eventbrite (so we don’t end up with crowds). Sign up is for 1 person; each person needs to sign up.
- Continue to follow government guidance regarding Coronavirus. If you are self isolating, continue to do so; if you are living in an area with a local lockdown (e.g. Leicester), obey the requirements.
- While on walks please maintain social distancing, travel to walk start points independently (or with other members of your immediate household), do not share food or drink, and consider bringing hand sanitiser/gloves for opening gates, face covering, etc.
Walk Cancellations – Please Read
When might we have to cancel a walk? How will we let you know?
If there is only 1 person + the walk leader on a walk, the walk will be cancelled – this is for the safety and security of all.
A walk may be cancelled for all booked people for other reasons e.g. severe weather, walk leader sickness, etc.
In all circumstances we will do our utmost to inform you in good time via the email address on the booking (possibly by mobile number if you have given one on the booking form, but this is not guaranteed).
- If there is only 1 person booked by the time booking closes, the walk will be cancelled at that point. Bookings normally close at 7 pm the day before the walk.
- If, at any time after booking closes, the walk leader has received notice of so many late cancellations that there is only one person likely to turn up, the walk will be cancelled and the walk leader will inform that person.
- If, at the designated start time of the walk, only one person (or no-one at all) has turned up and there is no information as to the whereabouts of the other/s, the walk will be cancelled on the spot without notification and the walk leader will leave. If only one person has arrived, then even if other/s have got in touch to say they are delayed, the walk leader still has the right to cancel on the spot without notification and not wait for the others – it is up to the walk leader whether they wish to wait or to cancel.
How you can help us to help you
- Before booking, read the walk details and check you can get to the start in time. Ask us if you need any more information.
- Be on time at the start. Arrive in plenty of time to find a parking place, put on your walking kit, etc. We suggest aiming at least 15-20 minutes before the published start time.
- If you do have to cancel, please remove your booking from Eventbrite yourself if you can and in any case inform us (firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page) and the walk leader (if you have been given their contact info) as soon as possible. (You may not substitute someone else).
- Keep an eye on your email for updates.
Not paying attention to this information can lead to you or others missing out or having wasted journeys and can create additional work for your (volunteer) organising team. No-one wants that!
We have no walks currently planned.